Fingal Childcare Committee acts as a free-of-charge job posting service only and makes no recommendations regarding potential employers or employees.
We are not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of employment. The Fingal County Childcare office does not perform background checks on individuals applying for jobs, and we do not research the integrity of each organisation or individual person who lists a job with us.
GDPR Notice: Fingal Childcare Committee does not save/store personal information of those applying for an advertised position. Those who choose to post a job on this site are deemed to have given their consent for us to store and display the information provided.
Friday, 07 December 2018 | Dublin 3
Maternity cover manager
The Larkin Childcare Facility is currently recruiting a childcare manager for maternity leave cover for a one year contract. This is an exciting opportunity to gain an insight into a management role in a community sector early years’ service. The Manager will work in and be responsible for the overall management and delivery of a high quality early years’ service. Initially the role will entail working in conjunction with the current childcare manager during the induction process. The service is comprised of two facilities. A crèche service with an Assistant Manager catering for 16 children and a purpose built preschool service catering for 30 children. The operational hours are 8.30am to 3.30pm. The role is 39 hours per week.
• The Manager will ensure that all good practice standards are met in the delivery of high standard of early education and care programme.
• The Manager will also have responsibility to liaise with Tusla the Child and Family Agency, Environmental Health Officers, Pobal, County Childcare Committees and other organisations.
• Ensure that all legislative and regulatory requirements set out by Tusla are met on a continual basis
• Undertake duties as Designated Liaison Person as required by Children First National Guidelines
• Maintain Health & Safety standards of the service, including hygiene practices
• Ensure that funding requirements are met and maintained as per Pobal directives
• In conjunction with all staff ensure the service policies and corresponding procedures are met
• Maintain administration records of the service
• Provide professional assistance and leadership to the team with support from the assistant manager
• Maintain a positive and professional relationship with parents, children and their families
• Facilitate monthly staff meetings or as required
• ensuring that activities in each session allow the children to experience creative, imaginative, physical, social and cognitive play within the Framework for Early Learning.
• excellent knowledge of child development and ensure that records of the progress of each child on a daily basis are kept, as well as up-to-date records of waiting lists, daily register and accident book.
A minimum qualification at QQI Level 7/8 in Early Childhood Care and Education or equivalent is essential. Previous experience in a leadership role in early education is essential.
- Implementation of Siolta & Aistear frameworks. Ensuring emergent child led curriculum is documented weekly
- Staff training – ensuring mandatory staff training is maintained with additional CPD offered
- Support and guidance for those undertaking training
- Ensuring diverse and nutritional meals are provided. Amending quantities as necessary
- Ordering of classroom materials, cleaning supplies etc
- Competent with technology and computer literate
- Management and maintenance of Childcare software system. Both financial and administrative
- Logging and receipting cash/payments received
- Management of weekly payments to ensure arrears do not accrue
- Administrative duties in relation to day to day operations of service – record templates etc
- Management of Pobal compliance requirements – monthly FTE calculator
- Managing staff roster and annual leave requests. Ensuring ratios are met at all times
This post has a 6 month probationary period pending a successful review after 3 months
Hours are to be agreed in line with service delivery times and the needs of the service
This Job Description may be reviewed from time to time in line with the needs of the service
Remuneration discussed at interview stage
Thursday, 06 December 2018 | Blanchardstown Village
Full Time Childminder Required - D15
Monday, 26 November 2018 | Donabate
Early Years Teacher
We are currently recruiting in our branch in Donabate for a friendly, enthusiastic person to join our team in a full time position, working with all ages from 6 months to 5 years of age. Candidates must have a minimum of Fetac Level 5 in Early years and at least 1 years experience in a busy creche setting.
The ideal candidate will work both as a team providing quality childcare to the children in our care, by creating a calm atmosphere with a curriculum based on the Aistear framework.
Monday, 26 November 2018 | Dublin 3
The Larkin Childcare Facility is currently recruiting a full time Early Years Practitioner for Room Leader position. We are a well-established child care facility
o Minimum requirement for full time role QQI Level 6 with experience in a similar role.
o All applicants are subject to Garda Vetting and two references are required for validation.
The Larkin Childcare Facility is committed to providing the highest quality childcare and early education. The service caters for 30 children, over two rooms, in a purpose built facility. The service is operational from 8.30am to 4.00pm daily. The Room Leader will work in conjunction with the early year’s team in the preschool room (3 – 4.5 year olds) to ensure the smooth operation of the early years’ service. All practitioners have non-contact time each day included in their working hours.
Applications must be made in writing with a full curriculum vitae and cover letter to the following:
The Larkin Unemployed Centre,
57 – 58 North Strand Road,
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Oaklands House Creche and Montessoir
Wednesday, 21 November 2018 | Swords, Co. Dublin
Childcare Practitioner: Baby Room
kland's House is seeking an enthusiastic Early Childhood Educator for our Baby Room.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum QQI Level 6, in depth knowledge of Aistear and Siolta, at least 2 years experience with a warm and friendly demeanor.
Monday, 19 November 2018 | Holywell, Swords
A room assistant is required to work along 2 highly experienced Early Years Educators in our afternoon ECCE preschool session
Monday, 19 November 2018 | Swords
Early Years Educator
Preschool Room Assistant
Friday, 16 November 2018 | Swords
Part Time Flexible
Tuesday, 06 November 2018 | Rush Co Dublin
Full and part time childcare assistants required for busy crèche in Rush, Co. Dublin.
Must have a Fetac level 5 in childcare
Tuesday, 30 October 2018 | 25 Cork Street Dublin 8
Maternity Cover Childcare Worker
Childcare Worker required to cover Maternity Leave. 28 hours a week Monday - Friday. BA in Early Education is essential as is 3 years experience working in a community environment with vulnerable children and families. Working with children aged 3 - 12 years