Important Update to PPSN Validation for ECCE Registrations on the Early Years Hive
Dear Service Provider,
We know that some providers were having issues regarding the PPSN validation for ECCE registration on the Early Years Hive. To make the process much simpler, we have implemented a change to our validation system.
As of today, the PPSN validation for all new ECCE registrations:
• Will only check PPSNs against a child’s date of birth; and
• Will no longer check against a child’s name.
This is in line with the validation process on the Hive for NCS registrations. Please note that providers are still required to input the child’s name during ECCE registration.
For registrations already submitted with a Registration Request for PPSN Validation:
1. Please cancel the registration and re-register the child using all correct details (ensuring DOB and PPSN are input correctly).
2. The system will then approve the new registration submitted.
If you are still experiencing validation issues with new ECCE registrations, you may still submit a ‘PPSN Validation’ Registration Request via the Early Years Hive.
We are also happy to announce that the acceptable documents have now been extended to include the child’s GP or medical card, both of which must contain the PPSN (as well as the child’s name and a partial DOB).
To clarify, you must submit a registration request attaching copies of:
• The child’s birth certificate or passport
• Either the DEASP letter or a GP card or Medical card.
All available guidance documentation will be updated accordingly to reflect these changes as soon as possible.
Early Years Team