Graduate Bursary Summer / Autumn 2018
The Department of Children & Youth Affairs (DCYA) will re-open the Learner Fund Bursary to Early Years practitioners who are new graduates of a recognised Early Childhood Education and Care degree programme.
All applications must be made through your local County / City Childcare Committee.
The following rules apply to the Graduate Bursary:
1. This qualification for which the bursary is paid must be on the DCYA Early Years Recognised Qualifications list.
2. The award must be placed at level 7/8/9 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) and achieved in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 or in the 2017/2018 academic year.
3. The bursary amount will be €750
4. The qualification must be a full, major award; the bursary cannot be paid in respect of partially completed awards.
5. Letters from third level education providers which state that a partially completed award is equivalent to a full award should not be accepted.
6. A letter of eligibility to practice from DCYA which states that the applicant is eligible for work as an ECCE room leader at the higher capitation rate can also be accepted
7. The qualification for which the bursary is paid must be that which qualifies the person to work in the Early Years sector (and is at least level 7 on the NFQ)
8. Applicants may only apply once and cannot be granted the Learner Fund bursary for a second time if they have already received it before
9. The applicant cannot have received any public funding in support of their completing the award relating to this application
10. The bursary is available to experienced practitioners only; applicants must have been working in a Tusla registered Early Years Service prior to beginning their course.
11. Applicants must be currently working in a Tusla registered Early Years Service
12. Application must be made by the holder of the award and not by any third party on their behalf
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 28TH SEPTEMBER 2018 at 5PM.
PLEASE NOTE: Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. All required documents must be attached to the application form.
Click here to download Application Form: Graduate Bursary Application Summer / Autumn 2018
All forms must be fully completed and returned BY POST OR BY HAND to your local CCC no later than 5PM on Friday September 28th 2018.